GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Sunday, October 11, 2015

78.5%

2015 Library Bag Book Sale Finds:
Books I gave to Bonnie:
Books for me and my friend..
I also found some books for JeNae's kids (Madi even came with and helped.  She found lots of books for Ellie), and for Derek.

American Gods (American Gods #1) by Neil Gaiman
Pgs. 656
Tyler really likes this book, and when I started reading it, it wasn't anything like how I thought it was going to be.  I enjoyed the theory behind it all and it was interesting how the author took old folklore Gods and tied things to them, however the ending was very disappointing.
****

Ransom by Lois Duncan
Pgs. 176
One of the English teachers at NDJH suggested we read this book as a class to start off with. The premise of the book I thought the kids would enjoy, it's an interesting story, but the kids struggled reading and following along with it.  It was sad to me that these 8th & 9th graders couldn't make connections between the information given throughout the book. The Lexile score is a 750...
***

The Body Toxic by Nena Baker
Pgs. 288
From the 2015 library bag book sale.  If someone wasn't aware of all the chemicals around us, this book is very informative, but if you already stay up to date on those kinds of things, this book is VERY boring. 
**

The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner #2) by James Dashner
Pgs. 368
I've read this book before, but when I saw a movie trailer for this book I decided to read it again.  It's not as good as the first book, but it's still enjoyable.  I even caught myself getting "emotional" along with the main character. 
***

The Death Cure (The Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner
Pgs. 325
The most boring and drawn out of the 3 thus far.  Felt like things were going around in circles and what little new information you gain about the main story line could have been added in book #2.
***

We Are All Weird: The Myth of Mass and The End of Compliance by Seth Godin
Pgs. 112
From the 2015 library bag book sale.  The title is what sold me on testing this book out.
Not worth keeping. I liked the idea behind the author's main idea, however there's only so much repetitiveness I can take...
**


21,642 + 1,925= 23,567 Total Pages/30,000
59 + 6= 65 Total Books
Incomplete Books : 1
78.5%


No comments:

Post a Comment