GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"Dirty" 30 Adventures... Service and Culture

2 new things I've decided to add to my 
traditional month-long birthday festivities:

Birthday Service Act
&
Cultural Event.


Service Act (and I'm counting towards one of the years' 15 ARK's, even though it was planned). 
Every year the Ogden Nature Center has a tree planting volunteer event. I wanted to participate in it last year but I was running the Zion Half.  So when it came up again, I figured, why not make it a field trip and have the kids get some service in too! And the kids loved it! They worked so hard and had a blast! 
Everyone wants to do this again, which I'm all for.
(The only face you can see if staff)

This little falcon crashed while flying, roughly 200 mph, thus the cast on his wing.
He's so cute
 The Nature Center is also having their spiffy bird house exhibit.  
Here are ones I took a fancy to:
 It's a Harry Potter snitch..





Culture Event:
I wanted to go to an RSL game, but since there was a family thing on their first home game, and the other was on a Sunday... theater ho!
Kris came with me up to Brigham City to see
 "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged".  
It was only $5. 
BEST. $5. SPENT. EVER!
It was funny, interactive, and very creative with some of the things they were explaining.  Example, they summed up all the history plays as if it were a football fame.  The guy in the middle (photo above) was the best of the three. I got picked on more than Kris.
 Of course since we were in Brigham City...
Ph'zookie time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment