GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Monday, April 3, 2017

Aloha Sorensens- Travel

The shortest post, fewest photos, and also the most stressful..

Back in October, Rachel informed us that we were all going to Hawaii for a big family trip.
After several conversations making sure this wasn't a joke and she wasn't selling body parts on the black market, we began to plan. For most of the trip Derek would be with us, then I would stay a few days longer (we had plans with his parents to make sure they were ok with me tagging along with them and give me a ride to the airport), and then the rest of his family would stay a few days after that.

Traveling to Phoenix/Kona Feb. 11, 2017
The gist: 
-Derek missed our flight due to issues with checking his bag.
-Derek had to pay $300 for a ticket to Phoenix then hope & pray he would make it on the flight to Kona.
-If not, he would miss the whole trip.
-We didn't know he made it until we landed in Kona.

The flights were fine, I was sat between 2 old guys who were very friendly & one guy from Minnesota kept offering to buy me drinks since I was stressing about Derek so much. 
Kona airport..
This is the selfie I sent to my mom as evidence that I had not been eaten by a shark.

Before trip..
Me:I'm pretty excited to see random wild chickens.
Dad: That's not the island you're going to.
Me: *le sad*

In Kona, within 2 hours of landing, at the Walmart...
Me: Mom show Dad this picture... 

Before we left Phoenix for Kona, I asked Jessica & Ryan if I could just ride with them to the house. 
They were super nice about it & put all our tetris skills to the test. 


Also this...
I'm going to call it the Hawaiian car freshener... saw this in the parking lot at Costco.

The Flight Home
Sunday Feb 19, 2017
Was the best flight I've EVER had.  It was basically empty. We had no turbulence and even got back into LA an hour early.  The Pilot was super friendly, cracking jokes as everyone boarded.  He promised us it was going to be the safest flight we'll ever be on because "the love of his life" was on board. I got to take a nap at LAX and the flight to SLC was just as good even thou it was raining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment