GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

5 Years

On June 4th, I finished my fifth and FINAL school year with 
Renascence Academy at the group home. 
There was lots of tears.
LOTS. OF. TEARS.
The kids knew I was leaving for the last month and that last week, some of them were having a really hard time about it (which was crazy because those kids were graduating the program anyways).
I broke my rule of "No Touchie" and hugged a select few kids.
Each hug broke my heart more than I anticipated. 
The kids wrote some very touching cards that I will keep forever.
One even wrote me a song, I recorded it & wish I could post it, but since it shows his face I can't :(

Some memories we still talk about...
When the fire extinguisher exploded..
 When we found this random ladies shoe in an all male population...
 When a bird hung out in my classroom for the afternoon...
 When we realized we needed LOTS more work on spelling...
 When a student donated his old leg to grow flowers in...
When they teased me about the apple incident...

***

A parting gift from my wonderful co-workers. 

My dungeon, I mean classroom.. 
when I said it used to be a garage, I meant it.
 What you can't see in this photo, are all the funny memes I had up.
The kids loved them, I left a few keep some of the pictures. 

The 6 of us...
Bonnie Rogers, TJ Strain, Marty Strain
Me, Tara Ombach, Sherrie Quilter

Last field trip with most of my favorite kids.

 I will miss all the great staff that I got to work with, even the one with interesting choices of clothing (there goes all my snapchats).

I will NOT miss all the creepy valentines cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment