GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Nah Nah... Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!

The Dino Half.
May 9, 2015
 Me, My Mom, and my brother Tyler
My mom blowing bubbles in her chocolate milk...
The welcome party at our hotel...
Took mom the the Utah Field House.
It was free (my state parks pass was still valid)
mmm... doughnuts....
"Bad Joke Rex"

Race Day!


About a mile in, I noticed how slow everyone was going and there was very few people actually running up ahead. Tyler said to take off, and take off I did. Spectators and law enforcement commented on my costume with appreciation.  Others were dressed up but more Flintstones style.
Ended up 1st in my age group, but since I placed 2nd female overall that's the medal they gave me.  I was actually surprised when I finished of how few people were ahead of me.  It's not that I was running fast or anything (by my standards mind you). It was a pleasant little run & one I would gladly do again. 



Post race Navajo Taco goodness!
Temple Stop
Red Fleet State Park
We were going to go hiking but the rain/hail kinda put a stop to that. 





What a fun little over-nighter :)




1 comment:

  1. Michelle!! You are such a strong runner. Congrats! I whimp out so easily when it comes to running long distances. I hope to be more like you some day. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete