GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Friday, January 2, 2015

Reading Til the End


 Speaker for the Dead (The Ender Quintet #2) by Orson Scott Card
pg. 382
Not what I was expecting, but in a good way.  I read Ender's Game so long ago and figured might as well start to finish off the series. I really enjoyed this book, political as it was.
****

Steelheart (The Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson
pg. 386
A superhero story with a slight twist! Good read, kinda predictable with the action but the author was still able to throw in a few twists here and there.  Bring on the next book!
****

David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
pg. 305
I think what I took the most away from this book is that I want to read more research on what people think/ found is that Goliath might have had a brain tumor of sorts.  Which it TOTALLY not what this book is about (hehehe). But I do want to read more of his books because they are informative and I think I pull some parenting advice from the book that I don't think I would've pulled from anywhere else.
****

The Hatchet (Brian's Saga #1) by Gary Paulsen
pg. 208
Shaun had never read this book. NEVER! How does one grow up and not read this in grade school? So I introduced her to it during our Lake Powell Adventure. I've always loved this book.
*****

The River (Brian's Saga #2) by Gary Paulsen
pg. 160
Meh. Same ol' same ol.
**

Brian's Winter (Brian's Saga #3) by Gary Paulsen
pg. 144
Ever wonder what would have happened if Brian didn't make it out and had to survive the winter? Well don't. Just don't.
*

The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl #2) by Eoin Colfer
pg. 277

This is going to be such a fun series to finish! Jordan just needs to finish his books so I can introduce him to this series! He'd love it.  I love Mulch- he's the best character in the books.

Gathering Blue (The Giver #2) by Lois Lowry
pg. 240
When I saw book #2 of The Giver I thought it was going to pick up where The Giver left off.
Nope.  Still a good story. Maybe they'll tie in in book #3 or #4...
***

Messenger (The Giver #3) by Lois Lowry
pg. 169

Thus far, this is my favorite book in the series.  It's more interesting and leaves more things to imagine.  However, I do think this book could have been combined with Gathering Blue.
****

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare
pg. 725
FINALLY. DONE. I read all the other books and I couldn't put off this last one any longer.  It's like a weight has been lifted off of me and I can finally put this horrid series behind me.

The Intern's Handbook by Shane Kuhn
pg.276
Warning: this book swears.
***

1984 by George Orwell
pg. 326
Oh Big Brother...
****

The Steele Wolf (The Iron Butterfly #2) by Chanda Hahn
pg. 216
There was some pretty good action in this book, however it started to turn towards the very teenagery-love-triangle mess.
****

The Silver Siren (The Iron Butterfly #3) by Chanda Hahn
pg. 328
In this book, if you live, you'll be paired off with a mate and live happily ever after.  That was the book's only downfall.  Well, that and the author's laziness to actually write out scenes instead the main coming to after she'd been rescued blah blah blah. I could tolerate it in the previous book, but this time it was just laziness.
***

69 + 14 = Books 83/52
23,910 + 4,412 = 28,052 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment