GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Monday, August 4, 2014

Logan Wind Caves

Adventure with one of my best-est friends Shawnee to the Logan Wind Caves!
The Gist:
Mileage: Although you can see from the signage below that it's just over 1.5 miles, however it took us 4.35 miles round trip (not including all the wondering around we did at the top).
Time: a few hours, but that's including the 30-45 minutes we spent at the top.
Difficulty: Moderate.  You climb up elevation quickly via switchbacks.  I found myself short of breath a few times and didn't feel bad about stopping every so often.  There's some nice scenery so I didn't feel bad.
Elevation: Total of 1,411 feet gained. Start: 5,078 End: 6, 071
Dogs: I actually don't know.  I don't remember seeing any signage that said you couldn't take your dog.  I think the cliffs at the end might be a little scary and I wouldn't bring Ragnar on this trail due to sheer paranoia of her falling over the cliff.  That plus I'm in Logan, which means Firehouse, which means I'm not going to leave my baby in a car for 2 hours.
Directions: Head to Logan.  Follow 89 up Logan Canyon. When you see the Cashe National Forest sign, the trail head is about 14 miles (ish- I forgot to pay attention) past the sign.  You will see it on your left side, just after the Guinavah-Malibu Campground. Lots of Parking.




















We're so grilled to perfection!


Such a fun hike! Best to be done in the evening when there's less sun/heat since there would be basically no shade on the trail. We both wouldn't mind hiking this more often!

And by golly we earned our Firehouse meal! Thanks to Big 5 lol

No comments:

Post a Comment