GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Friday, October 26, 2018

Ragnar Colorado 2018


What do you say when you get to run a third Ragnar for free?
You say YES!

Thursday Aug 9th morning we drove down to Alan's house to meet up with everyone, decorate vans, and caravan out to Colorado. 
Packed in the Clegg car from us up north. 
 Alan had PUPPIES!!!! He said if they were two weeks older we could have brought them on the trip with us. He sells them if anyone is interested and has 2 grand they're willing to part with.

Awkward family photo!
Kent Wendy, Cali, Tara, Dave, Brendy, Me, JeNae, James, __, Emily, Alan. 
 My first time being in Tromper the Van! It was so roomy- I got my own bench!
 So did Dave.. aka Dave's naked bench.

Store stop.
 A couple of stops later we made it to check in!

 That's carpet he's mopping..
 Such a pretty place!!





 Gangster Kent
 Team Captain with Van Mom's.



Friday Aug. 10: 
Our hotel was just 15 minutes away so our van got to sleep in and have breakfast. Van 1 actually got up, dropped off ___, came back, had breakfast, traded runners, let ___ shower, and went to trade runners all before having to check out. It was awesome. 
We also had time for everyone to get their hair done and put lights on the van. 




 Everyone lots a lit up Tromper!




I picked runner #7 just so that Brendy and I could pass of to each other.. her to me I mean. 
 My new best friend Emily.



 This leg was a beast. I had been training for it but  there's nothing like it in Utah unless I ran up Timp Peak everyday. The mileage wasn't the problem or the elevation gain, it was doing it at 10,500+ feet.
The views were worth it, the bike trail went under the freeway and had so many foot bridges (which I LOVE) I had to stop stopping at everyone.





 Yes it did rain on me a little bit.


 I handed off to JeNae, this is us waiting for her to come in and hand off to Cali.
The Clegg boys doing burpees.




 Cali handed off to Dave and we were able to support him on his leg.  Most of our team had ZERO support legs.
 He got to run across a cool bridge.

 Dave handed off to Alan.


 Alan hands off to James.




 James hands off to Van 1.


 It's night hours folks! Time for lights!!!!

On my last leg! It was mostly on this frontage road on a trail that was so nice to run along on. I was basically by myself until the BYU cross county team passed me. I got to run with my phone and checked out the constellations.. it was so fun having all those stars in the open mountain sky. Best part was when my favorite constellation was actually pointing the way to the next exchange. 


 This guy... gave our team a vilotaion because JeNae had a blanket around herself while waiting for me to hand off to her.. it was covering her safety vest but everyone else was doing the same thing too.. 


 Dave getting ready to leave on his last leg.. the Ragnar leg!
 Alan on his last leg. 
Brendy has this thing with flag dancing so we had to send her one. 

 Waiting to send James off on the most beastly leg ever!

The view that James had at the top of the summit before he ran down to the ski resort. 

 Utah Royals had a match that day..


 Heading down to the finish!

 Our view..
 Their view..
Finishing!
 Alan had a cowbell..




Hey look! I was on Fat Boy ice cream insta stories!

 Post Ragnar team dinner!
 The drive home..  
 Fellow teams heading back to Utah, it was fun that we were like a little caravan!

 The wildfire was even closer to the freeway than what it was when we left.





 And of course.. more puppy snuggles to finish off the trip! 



No comments:

Post a Comment