GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Books to Movies & The Best of 2017

Books to Film and the Top 7 of
hyperlinks included
Books read that have movies/tv shows:
Books for Psycho (1960) and also Bates Motel tv show.
Invisible Cities is based on the travels of Marco Polo.. several movies and a tv series made. 
Fairest of All is a Snow White story.
The Beast Within is a Beauty and the Beast story.
Poor Unfortunate Soul is a The Littler Mermaid story.
A Wrinkle in Time from 2003, but a re-make is in the works to come out in 2018.
Girl on the Train came out in 2016.
The Three Musketeers and 1993 version.
The Monuments Men came out in 2014
The Zookeeper's Wife came out this year 2017
Washington's Spies was a TV series that started in 2014 and ended this year 2017. I know that the war ends, but the way they had started plot lines and such seemed like they were planning on a 5th season and so the 4th and last season felt rushed to close off ties and not really tell how everyone fared after the war.  Sometimes I just get too emotionally tied to books.
The Call of the Wild has several movie adaptations .
I Am Not A Serial Killer came out in 2016 but I just happened upon it randomly looking for the movie I Am Number Four and I got really excited to watch it. And then I was super disappointed 5 minutes in, just the way the actor/writing team portrayed John was just horrid.
Hidden Figures book wasn't as fun as the movie.
The Witches: Salem 1692 and it's classic movie.
The Outlander books have tv series on Starz so you've been warned.
The Neverending Story and it's 1984 movie.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. We listened to this book on one of our adventures and both of us were not impressed.  It had so much potential, maybe if a different person wrote the book. But the movie was ok.
Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage has many documentaries and a few movies/mini tv series.



Top 7 of 2017
1) The Trails of Apollo books 1 & 2 by Rick Riordan.  The rest of the series haven't been published yet.
2) The Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton series is quickly becoming an addictive read.
3) The Nature Principle: Human Restoration and the End of Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv. I've read many books that discuss the importance of having nature in their lives and every time it just makes me more of a believer, that I fear my kids will be tree huggers. 
4) Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
5) Heartless by Marissa Meyer
6) The Turn #0 by Kim Harrison. Oh man I was so excited when she decided to do some back stories! Bonus I won this book.
7) I Am Not a Serial Killer (The John Cleaver Series #1-3 are the better ones) by Dan Wells. 






No comments:

Post a Comment