GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Max!

Max.

My now 13 year old running buddy!
We've been paired up for almost a whole year now! Me & Ragnar have ran almost 1,000 miles in 4 states for him!  Running for him makes every mile more special and meaningful.
Here's a little more about my super cute buddy:
Max has Down Syndrome combined with a spinal cord injury so he's in a wheel chair and on a ventilator full time.  
BUT! That doesn't stop him from playing baseball and swimming.
He LOVES Iron Man and Minions 
(my mom made him a little minion beanie for Valentines Day).
I have yet to meet Max in person because he lives in California. However, I'm saving my pennies so the next chance I get to go out to Cali I can meet him.
He's so cute! His mom sends me pictures of him and boy can that kid smile!
I love sending him photos and videos of Ragnar being the weirdo that she is, just so he can laugh and smile.  It seriously warms my heart and I LOVE that kid!
His mom is a superhero too- that woman loves her kids so much and works so hard so that Max and his older brother Leo (who is a lot like Max) can experience the joys in life that their sister and other kids get to. She is a true role model.
Having Max in my life has become a great blessing that I can't imagine being without anymore.
Happy Birthday buddy from Ragnar & I 
We Love You! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment