GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Goals 2014: Temples

New Year, Same Temple Goal...
those far out temples like Manti and Vernal and Monticello didn't make it to the list last year.
So hopefully this year it will be a different story!

January: Brigham City, Sealing's
We also didn't get to go in because I'm super smart and left my wallet at home, Derek leaving his temple bag at home as well.  Lucky for us the Temple Recorder quickly pulled up my records and our Bishop, he got me all cleared to go! Then the workers let Derek borrow a kit that they normally let missionaries use.  The workers did everything they could to make sure we stayed to do the work.
The Sealing's were awesome! Before each page the Sealer would have us listen for a certain phrase or for an answer to his question. It made it all the more special!

February: Logan, Endowment
Tried to convince the boys to do baptisms but they both wouldn't have it! They slip and slide all over the font! It was our first time seeing one of the new films (past months have been short trips).  Still not sure how I feel about it, and it seems like some of the words are different- like new information different.
 
March: Draper, Endowment
Barely made it to the last session and it was worth it!  We finished the female family names that Aunt Marj sent in this session, just a few male names and sealing's! It's exciting! I love the depth the art on the ceilings have!
Here we also solved the puzzle of what one of the temple stamps were on one of the name cards: Ciudad Juarez, México
 
March part Deux: St. George
Since I was in St. George for the race, I went down an extra day so I could go to the temple with Dani.  As the day went on things kept pushing back my trip, but I made it down in time for the last session. Best part was that during my race the following morning, as I took in the beauty all around me, I couldn't help but think of certain things that were said during the creation :)

Vernal, Manti, and Monticello trips are in the planning now! :)

2 comments:

  1. We should combine forces on some of the far ones. I did all the Utah temples a few years ago but want to do them with Ryan this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. You guys are so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete