GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Month of Cousins!

So.. I realize this is quite a few months late so I'll just do the shortened version..
We were blessed to be able to see so many cousins!
The Christiansen from California..
The whole Larsen/Sorensen clan.
Just about all the Nelsons.. took 2 separate occasions and there were some cousins who weren't able to make it.
Areoflyn and Family
They were here for Chris's family reunion and they stayed at my folks house for a short spell so we got to have dinner and play games with them.
I even got a trade offer from Colton in involving Ragnar..
Yellowstone 2013
Goals to accomplish:
Spend time with family: Check
Visit Quake Lake: Check
Wonder Grand Tetons for temple movie scene we're pretty sure is up there: Check
Picture at Grant Village & Lower Falls: Check
Smuggle home stick: Check
And it won't rotate.. but they're cute no matter which way you look at them!
It was the year of the buffalo but here's an elk close up that we thought was going to attack the car
Quake Lake
The Whole Sorensen Clan! Finally!
2 Years Later at Grant Village :)
Don't disturb the buffalo..


4th of July BBQ with Nelsons
Watch out.. They're serious..
The Thali Monster's "come at me bro" stance
Love Cami!
Now Doug and Eddie believe he's real..


The Nelson Reunion in Rogers, Arkansas..
Grandma wanted this tree down so..
Doug, Arnold, Dad..
Mark broke Grandpa's ax..
Mom, Marj, Kirk not paying attention..
Trip to Pea Ridge Civil War site.. Not that many people wanted to come but it's OK. I was with Arnold, Tawnya and kids who kept singing "a hiking we will go!"
I wanted to go to this mainly to hang out with my dad but we were separated in different cars
Where most of the action happened..
And yes.. I walked a short ways on the trail.. I didn't want to get ticks!
A town once stood here..

Walmart (of course) has paid for all the info signs and plaques as well as the other things around the park.
I wanted to go hiking with Aunt Marj.. do Dad, Doug and Jordan came with.  They also took the time to try to check stuff off Jordan's cub scout book.  Lots of berry tasting..
We also found some pretty cool fossils.. Jordan really like this fungus thou..
Why is there a 10x10 foot section of the Berlin Wall in the middle of the mountains in NW Arkansas? Who knows but it's right next to this giant Christ statue..
Gentry Animal Park.. there's a petting part and a drive through part.
Sonja super happy to pet the animals
Such an impressive art museum! Totally free thanks to Walmart!
Those are legit original pieces of art! Man! It was so amazing!
You can't go to Bentonville without going to the Sam Walton museum!
Eddie after winning a most fun game! However.. her kids have later informed us that the excitement about "finally winning" may not be true..
Grandpa Nelson

Grandma with the great-grand kids!
For us cousins who could make it.. this is how Grandma does "funny photo"!
The girls LOVED Fort Cody..
Yes I did go running at night around Rogers and it didn't take much to get dripping wet in that humidity!

I have TONS more photos.. trust me.. I really do..
I really enjoyed being able to see cousins that I haven't seen in like over 10 years (mainly Mark and Brian)!
Hopefully it won't be that long to wait again!






No comments:

Post a Comment