GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Never Judge a Book by its Movie...

Based off of books that I read that year, if they had a movie made, I tried to watch it. 

2014:
Unbroken: Movie doesn't even come close to the emotions you'll feel when reading the book, nor does it impress upon you how amazing Louis Zamperini really was- as an athlete and a solider. 
I Am Number 4: Movie made the story more teenagery.
City of BonesGag me with a wooden spoon. 
Phantom Tollbooth: By far the best!
The Giver: interesting take on the book, but the book wins.
Wicked: ok not a movie but a play, that is VERY VERY loosely based off of the book... The play wins by a landslide. And I didn't even finish the book because I couldn't stand all the politicalness of it all.
The Indian In the Cupboard: movie was enjoyable.
The Hatchet: The movie is called "A Cry In The Wild" actually...
Cirque du Freak A Living Nightmare: But the movie calls it the Vampire's assistant, which is actually book 2, and movie portrays only book 1... in a horrible, horrible way.
1984: Thanks to YouTube I was able to watch the 1956 B/W version of this movie. Didn't hold as much of the suspense as the book carried, or maybe that's just because I already knew what was going to happen?

2015:
Boys in the Boat: Ok so there really wasn't a movie based off of the book, but there was real footage of the Olympic race that I watched on YouTube.  The real footage & then the directed footage done by Leni Riefenstahl was pretty nifty to watch!
Ender's Game: I enjoyed the movie although it did stray from the book, but not enough to "ruin" it for me.
Odd Thomas: Yikes!
Eragon: Double Yikes!
Baptists at Our Barbecue: If you ever were wondering if it's possible to take an already cheesy book and turn the movie into something even MORE cheesier.. this is your evidence. And they did a lot of unnecessary changes.
Lord of the Flies: Meh.. I got really bored watching this movie.
The Martian: Probably the closest a movie has come to being just like a book. I thought Matt Damon did a really good job portraying what I had in my head how Watney was. Good movie even without reading the book, however it does drop the F bomb twice which I was not expecting since the movie is rate PG-13, apparently movies standards have changed.

Ready Player One is set to come out 12/15/2017!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment