GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Friday, December 4, 2015

91.2% Complete!



Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Pgs. 227
A book about burning banned books. Reminded me a lot of 1984 but with less "Big Brother". At least we don't ever need to fear to be in a world were reading is banned.
***

Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Pgs. 190
One of Derek's favorite books and since I've never read it (shocker since everybody seems to read it at school).  I didn't care for it too much although it was fun sorting out all the symbolism (that was obvious in the first place, but still fun).  I guess you could say that Hunger Games spoiled reading this book for me.
***

A Daughter of ISIS by Nawal El Sassdawi
Pgs. 320
ISIS...
as in the Egyptian Goddess of magic, fertility & motherhood, death, healing & rebirth.
Not the terror group.
Whoa... like I knew horrid things were happening to women over in the Mediterranean area, but reading about it, in detail, was just an eye opener.  Some parts I had to skip over because it was detailed a little too graphic. 
***

Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth
Pgs. 526
I can't read a book after watching it's movie. I tried with the first two books since I knew I was missing out on the story-line, but just couldn't separate it all.  After reading the last book and comparing it to the previous movies, the book is much more teenage dramatic than the movie.  And for reason that I am happy I didn't read the first 2 books.
*SPOILER ALERT in case you plan on watching the movie*
I didn't like how it ended. 
***

Murder List by Julie Garwood
Pgs. 323
Library book sale find.
At first I got really excited about this book because it seemed like it was going to be a good mystery novel.  Then it turned into a love story towards the end, which wasn't too bad.  I enjoyed the book but not enough to keep it. 
***

Tortured Dreams by Hadena James
Pgs. 315
Free ebook.
A murder mystery book that didn't have a "love story" story line.  It had a lot about medieval torture devices that I had to look up to I could have a better mental image while reading a long is scavenger's daughter.  I am a little bit tempted to take some sort of medieval era class of some sorts now...
***


25,485 + 1,901 = 27,386 Total Pages/30,000
72 + 6 = 78 Total Books
Incomplete Books: 1
91.2% complete with only 1 month left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment