GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Sunday, August 2, 2015

64.29%

This perfect since my go to karaoke number is Baby Got Back!

The Haunting of 20th Century America by William Birnes & Joel Martin
Pgs. 464... but only 157 count...
Picked this up at last year's library sale, totally not worth it.  It wasn't what I was expecting when I read the title about haunting.  It was more of the weirder stuff.. and it was hard to understand with some of the terms.  It's like I needed to have some kind of background in it before reading this book.  The part I did read, talked about the Nazi's and the occult, but even then it didn't.  Just a history of Hitler's rise to power and not really into any of the weird stuff that he was having his people do.
Super lame.
*

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Pgs. 321
This had been on my to-read list since it first was published, so when I saw it at last year's library sale I of course snatched it and then forgot about it. Until now...
RIGHT. IN. THE. FEELS.
****

Baptists at our BBQ by Robert Farrell Smith
Pgs. 262
I read this book back in jr high & whilst waiting in between World Cup games I needed something to read.  I remembered this book being funny the first time I read and this time, reading it as an adult, it was still entertaining-ish.  I felt it was very stereotype-Mormony. 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1207192.Baptists_at_Our_Barbecue
***

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
Pgs. 159 (what my book has)
I needed another short book to read in between soccer games.  I LOVED this book in elementary and while "watching" Mr. Robot (by watching I mean free Hulu on in the background while cleaning) and one of the characters mentioned it.  Loved it just as much as I did in my youth. 
****

Visibility by Boris Starling
Pgs. 375
First this book started off all British, then got interesting, then got all political with the debate over the discovery of DNA (they were in the process of discovering in as a time frame).  This was rather a bore to read in the end.  
**
Brisinger (The Inheritance Cycle #3) by Christopher Paolini
Pgs. 763
These books just keep on getting longer!  At least this one has things happening in it.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2248573.Brisingr
****

17,250 + 2,037 = 19,287 Total Pages/30,000
48 +5 = 53 Total Books
Incomplete Books: 1
64.29% Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment