GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Thursday, May 21, 2015

45.41%

So these books have some travel in them.. but mostly adventure!


Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet #1) by Orson Scott Card
Pg.324
I have already read this book before, but we started reading it as a class so it counts.
I'd like to think I had a hand in the English teacher picking this book, I had been telling him about the Red Rising Trilogy and how book one is like Enders Game & Hunger Games all rolled into one.  Anyways, this has been a great book for this age group to be reading, it opens a lot up to discussion, and we've had some interesting discussions indeed! 
****

Firefight (The Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson
Pgs. 416
TWIST!!!
It finally came out in January of this year, and I had been on the waiting list at the library for quite some time (had to wait for the library to get a copy which felt like forever! Just like Golden Son!!!)
And now... another book I have to wait a YEAR for! 
Book 3 better be worth the wait...
****

The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
Pgs. 416
Written in the manner a lot like Unbroken, this story mainly tells the tale of one crew rower and how he had it on the team that made it to the 1936 Olympics.  It also takes a moment here and there to let you know what was going on in Hitler's Germany at that time.  It was a great story! Kinda slow in some parts but now I find myself wanting to watch rowing regattas... and I kept looking up the Reich Sports Field.
****
Here's the book trailer:


And here's the footage:


That Risen Snow: A Scary Tale of Snow White & Zombies (Scary Tales #1) by Rob E. Boley
Pgs. 248
Free ebook.
Waste of time. Don't read it.
I think I could have written a better story when I was 10.
It felt like torture reading this book, I kept hoping it would get better.  But it didn't.
* (Only because Goodreads doesn't let you give 0)

Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas #1) by Dean Koontz
Pgs. 446
My first Dean Koontz book.
Was not disappointed! It's been a while since I've read a mystery type book and it was wonderful to get away from the teeny books for a while! Bonus part is that I found out they made a movie about this book and the library has it.
****

The Crown in the Heather (The Bruce Trilogy #1) by N. Gemini Sasson
Pg. 298
Another free ebook!
So Braveheart has basically ruined any reading of Scottish-related stories for me.
That and how unfamiliar I am with all the Scottish lingo of castles and places.
It was still a nice historical fiction, with what I'm guessing is with great artistic license, that was a rather easy read.  I don't think I'll be reading the last two books however. 
***

11,475 + 2,148 = 13,623 Total Pages/ 30,000
31 + 6 = 37 Total Books
45.41%

No comments:

Post a Comment