GallivatinSorensens

GallivatinSorensens

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Life Without Limits

Now that I'm off crutches, it's getting increasing harder not to get frustrated
that my physical activity is still very EXTREMELY limited.
Especially when you're a coach and you want to go on the easy run days
with the kids (such a great bonding experience!)
So what can I do? Read. Alot.
But mainly this book which Debbie was quoting from to the kids
right before a hard day
which of course I just had to read for myself.
Talk about motivation!
No I don't plan on taking up triathlons now or even want to compete in an Ironman.
But holy cow!
Chrissie Wellington shares her life story about becoming a world champion,
including her stuggles with body image and eating disorders.
She won Ironman Kona the very first time she competed in it!
She won in years 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2011.
She also holds the female world record.
8:18:13 (In Germany).
After the swim and bike ride, she completes a MARATHON
at basically 6:25 pace- mainting that pace ALL 26.2 miles!
In 2011 she was serisouly injuried in a bike accident a few weeks before the world championships. SHE STILL COMPETED AND WON!
This woman is amazing! I don't really follow pro atheltes..
actually I don't at all
but still, this woman is amazing and inspiring.
There was a little poem that was written in tribute to her
but the best part of it was something that I shared wth the team this week
and could be used for any area of life:
"What if determination becomes bigger than your fears?"
So in short.. you should read this book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment